- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1 cup (130 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (45 grams) cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 1 medium sized banana)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) warm water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) canola or corn oil
- 3/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place rack in the center of the oven. Line 24 regular-sized muffin cups with paper liners or spray each cup with a non stick vegetable spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the eggs, mashed bananas, water, milk, oil, and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir, or whisk, until combined. Pour or scoop the batter into the muffin cups, about 3/4 full, and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Frost with the Ganache.
Servings Per Recipe: 25
Amount Per Serving | SmartPoints: 4
Total Fat: 2.8 g
Sat fat: 0.5 g
Cholesterol: 8.8 mg
Sodium: 43.6 mg
Total Carbs: 14.5 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.9 g
Sugars: 8.9 g
Protein: 1.3 g