- 1 lb Oreo cookies (3 sleeves)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract (using different extracts allows for subtle flavour changes…I’ve used mint extract, upped to 1 tsp) (optional)
- 1 lb milk chocolate
- 1⁄2 lb white chocolate
- Using a food processor, grind cookies to a fine powder. With a mixer, blend cookie powder, cream cheese and vanilla extract until thoroughly mixed (there should be no white traces of cream cheese).
- Roll into small balls and place on wax-lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Line two cookie sheets with wax paper. In double-boiler, melt milk chocolate. Dip balls and coat thoroughly. With slotted spoon, lift balls out of chocolate and let excess chocolate drip off. Place on wax-paper-lined cookie sheet.
- In separate double boiler, melt white chocolate. Using a fork, drizzle white chocolate over balls. Let cool.
- Store in airtight container, in refrigerator.
- Note: When I am exceedingly lazy (most often the case these days), I forego the chocolate ‘dip’ and merely roll my truffles into various mixtures – chopped nuts, chocolate sprinkles, vari-coloured candy sprinkles, cocoa powder, chocolate shavings, coloured sugars — still pretty — less work.
Serving Size: 1 (1064 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Smartpoints 6
- Calories 128.2
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 9.9 mg
- Sodium 54.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 1.7 g