- 1 1/2 pound raw chicken breasts, halved; bones and skin removed
- two 15.5-ounces cans cannellini, rinsed and drained white kidney beans
- 2 cups reduced-sodium and fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups peeled and chopped carrots
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/3 cup plus 2 1/2 teaspoon Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- additional salt and black pepper to season (optional)
1 . Place chicken in a slow cooker after being seasoned with salt and pepper. Apart from blue cheese and hot sauce, add and stir softly all remaining ingredients.
2 . Cook covered on high for 3 – 4 hours or on low for 7 – 8 hours, until chicken is well cooked.
3 . Transfer chicken in a large bowl. Shred with two forks, the first one to hold the chicken, and the other to tear and shred it. Pour to chicken 1/3 cup hot sauce and toss to coat. In the slow cooker, stir saucy chicken into the chili .
4 . Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon blue cheese crumbles and 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce and enjoy!
Servings: 10 | Size: 1/10th of recipe, 1 heaping cup
- 207 calories
- 3.5g fat
- 772mg sodium
- 20g carbs
- 6g fiber
- 4g sugars
- 23g protein
PointsPlus 5 | SmartPoints: 5